CANADA STUDENT VISA also known as Canada Study Permit or Canada Study Visa is for international students who have a confirmed offer letter from a Canadian Education Institution & who wish to study in Canada.
Canada has become one among the best study destinations for foreign nationals because of its high-quality education system, low tuition fees and great employment opportunities. In addition to 130,000 foreign nationals reaching Canada every year to pursue their studies, there are many others who apply for a Canadian visa to learn English or French languages.
BEFORE THE APPLICANT APPLIES for a study permit he/she has to be accepted at a recognised school, university or college in Canada. The applicant should apply at least six months prior to primary and secondary schools and at least year before they want to start their studies year at a university and college.
WORK OPPORTUNITY FOR STUDENTS: In canada students may allowed to attend work as part-time during a regular academic session and full-time during regularly scheduled breaks.
CANADA STUDY VISA, CANADA STUDENT VISA OR CANADA STUDY PERMIT is issued on a short-term basis only and student will have to leave Canada the study period is complete. If student want to stay in Canada after their study he/she must apply for work-permit or permanent resident ( P R ) or citizenship of Canada.
SPP- STUDENT PARTNERS PROGRAM is an administrative framework designed and implemented in partnership between the Canadian visa offices in India and the Association of Canadian Community Colleges ( ACCC ). The Student Partners Program ( SPP ) is open to Indian nationals only and launched in April 2009 as a pilot to improve student recruitment outcomes. If students do not apply to the SPP then they apply to a participating college and may be considered under the program if they meet specific criteria.
Documents Checklist Required For Study Permit / Student Visa
- Valid Passport of the applicant
- All educational certificates with mark sheets ( Originals & xerox copies with attestation )
- Certificate of most recent degree with mark sheets
- IELTS / TOFEL score card ( Taken within last 24 months & overall score not less than 6.0 )
- Letter of acceptance ( from any recognized Canadian educational institute )
- Statement Of Purpose ( SOP )
- Financial documents / Funds
- Experience letter ( If any / If required )
- Resume / CV
- Extra curricular certificate ( If any )
- Passport size photo
Note :- Every xerox copies of the documents must be attested by Principal / Registrar / controller or Other authorized person .
The requirement for the Student visa varies depending on the selected level of study, the educational background of the applicant and their country of citizenship
ACCOMMODATION FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN CANADA
- University / College provides accommodation conveniently located on or near their campus.There is usually an option of having either a shared or private room and dormitories are usually separated by gender. In some cases, there are available cafeterias and meal plants that can be included in the cost of the room.
- So many Canadian families welcome international students and provides accommodation ( Meals and a fully furnished private room ) for them in their home while the student attends classes in Canada.
- (Off- campus housing) Renting house / apartment is an another option open for international students in Canada. A house is usually too expensive for one student to rent but many students can share a house together to keep costs down.